Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch Review And Best Discounts
Today I will review the Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch (Preloaded with US Courses) and in this post you will find all the essential information which I believe can help you decide if this golf watch is really for you.
Don’t forget that this post is just a review about the Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch and if you try to find discounts and deals for this GPS watch then you may want to click here to discover the best prices available that I have found online…
A Quick Overview About The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch
The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch is a versatile and lightweight sports watch that any golfer would want and it’s actually the first golf watch that’s able to combine golf GPS and watch functions at the same time.
The Garmin Approach S1 allows you to know the distance you’ve walked on the course using its odometer feature and it provides precise measurements in yards from front, back and to the middle of the green for any individual shot distances.
The S1 has a 1.0-inch monochrome LCD screen that features large-sized numbering and can be completely viewed when exposed to sunlight. In addition, it has a water-proof construction and a highly sensitive built-in GPS receiver system, as well as a rechargeable lithium ion battery that can last from 8 hours (in GPS mode) to 3 weeks (in watch mode).
There is no need for subscription or additional adjustments with the S1 which is ready to use right out of the box. It has more than 14,000 preloaded Canada and U.S. courses and it’s USGA and R&A compliant.
It is also important to mention that the S1 can also function as a standard watch complete with an alarm clock and auto-set time and time zone program.
Other Important Information
Dimensions: 2.7 x 0.6 x 1.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 ounces
The Pros & Cons Of The Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch
- If you don’t like to go through the hassle of grabbing a hand-held golf distance finder and putting it down after, this is for you.
- It is a very easy to use golf GPS. No need to download any course information or do other elaborate set ups before you can play a round of golf.
- The watch is made from high-quality and lightweight plastic material.
- It is quick to adjust to movements and acquires satellite feed easily.
- It gives accurate readings.
- You don’t have to pay any annual fees.
- You can see clearly the numbers because of its large format.
- The price of the Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch is very affordable (compared to other solutions such as the S3 for example).
- Attaching the charging clip is difficult.
- The battery life could have been made even better. It lasts only for a few hours if on GPS mode.
- If it could tell the distance to hazards on the courses, it would be a plus.
- If you’re not used to wearing a watch while playing, wearing this could be a problem for you.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch is a simple yet useful device. It’s not an S3, but it does its job perfectly. And for its low price, you couldn’t really argue about its lack of other sophisticated features.
As a distance measuring device, it gives accurate readings but with limited capacity. It can’t tell the distance to course hazards, however it is not a big issue for golfers who only crave for a simple and easy-to-use device. In addition, as a standard watch it does a great job which is a big plus.
As a whole, we highly recommend the Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch because of its affordable price, plug-and-play feature, accurate readings and simplicity, and if value for money is your top priority then the S1 can be a superb pick for you.
No related posts.