Golf GPS Units
Today I will review the Bushnell Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit and in this post you will find all the essential information which I believe can help you decide if this rangefinder and GPS unit is really for you.
Don’t forget that this post is just a review about the Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit and if you try to find discounts and deals for this 2 in 1 unit then you may want to click here to discover the best prices available that I have found online…
A Quick Overview About The Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder And GPS Unit
Bushnell has added another unique product to their line—the Bushnell Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit, which combines the accuracy of a laser rangefinder and the handiness of a GPS unit.
This laser rangefinder and GPS unit boasts of a 5x magnification function. It has a 4.8-millimeter extra pupil, a field view of 367 feet to 1,000 yards, and an objective diameter of 24 millimeters.
Its GPS function is pre-loaded with more than 16,000 golf courses in North America, and it offers distance reading from the back, middle, and front of the green. Meanwhile, its laser rangefinder can read distances from 10 to 1,000 yards with +/- one yard of accuracy.
Its Pinseeker Technology works in a snap. Just point the unit in the direction of the pin and wait for the Pinseeker icon to confirm it has been found.
Other features and accessories of this unit include a carry case, auto-course recognition, auto-hole advance, cable, USB charger, and rechargeable lithium-ion battery. There’s no membership involved.
It is also important to note that this unit is covered by a 1-year limited warranty.
Other Important Information
Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 4 inches ; 1 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
The Pros & Cons Of The Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit
- This laser rangefinder is very fast to pick up accurate yardages.
- The GPS is very responsive as well, and it automatically moves from hole to another without problem.
- The idea of combining a laser rangefinder and GPS unit is a great idea because of the convenience and cost efficiency.
- This will give you the confidence you need when choosing the right club for the situation.
- It is a no-brainer to use and the LCD display is really easy to read in the daylight.
- Fortunately, Bushnell has a very responsive customer service support team on standby.
- The GPS doesn’t seem to automatically find some home course, so users have to input it manually every time.
- The rechargeable battery life is only average.
- A clip-on charger for the rechargeable battery would be a nice addition to the unit.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the Bushnell Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit is a great product. Its unique concept received a warm welcome from users, and by combining the features of a GPS and a laser rangefinder unit, you don’t have to choose which product to buy.
For the price – which could go lower than $350 if you look for promos online – this provides great value. In addition, we really like that it is very accurate, fast, and easy to use. We guess the biggest downside of this unit is its battery that doesn’t last long, and if only Bushnell would improve the battery, this will truly be a 5-star unit.
All in all, although the average battery life, the Bushnell Hybrid Pinseeker Laser Rangefinder and GPS Unit is an amazing product and it absolutely gets two thumbs up from us…
Today I will review the Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch and in this post you will find all the essential information which I believe can help you decide if this golf watch is really for you.
Don’t forget that this post is just a review about the Garmin Approach S3 GPS Watch and if you try to find discounts and deals for this golf watch then you may want to click here to discover the best prices available that I have found online…
A Quick Overview About The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch
The Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch is another innovative product made by Garmin. This hardy and water-resistant touchscreen golf watch is available in two style options: black with gray trim and white with red trim.
The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch comes preloaded with over 27,000 courses found worldwide and it also comes with totally FREE lifetime course updates.
The S3 is able to measure distances in yards to the front, middle and back of greens. It quickly displays the results to its high resolution screen display.
This golf watch also allows players to key in and save yardage points. Plus, it can save, review and print electronic scorecards with two scoring options: Stableford and Stroke play.
Aside from being an excellent golf watch, the S3 also has an odometer, so you’ll get an idea of how far you’ve walked every day.
Other features of the S3 includes a round timer, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, USB charging cable, AC adapter, and user’s manual. In addition, its Green View option gives you a clear picture of the real outline of the green.
Other Important Information
Dimensions: 2.6 x 5.4 x 5.4 inches
Weight: 2.4 ounces
The Pros & Cons Of The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch
- There are no yearly fees or subscriptions to worry about. You get free course updates plus over 27,000 preloaded courses worldwide.
- It is a plug-and-play type of watch. It is relatively straightforward to set up.
- It is a lot more convenient and easier to use than digging some hand-held device out of your pocket.
- Since it is always “on,” you don’t have to push any button to see distance measurements.
- Based on consumer feedbacks, it is a very accurate device (compared to course markings) and keeps scores well.
- It can access satellites in less than a minute.
- The battery life is acceptable. It would be able to last through around two rounds per day.
- Some people have a problem with foreign language being displayed, which can be solved.
- You have to swipe the screen a few times in order to unlock this GPS golf watch.
- It doesn’t provide any hazard information (but it does allow you to save a location).
The Bottom Line
The Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch is not perfect and there are some aspects of this golf watch that could still be improved, but overall, this is a device that’s worth the investment.
One of the great features of this device is its portability. After all, it’s better to glance at your wrist than holding a hand-held device. In addition, it’s easy and fast to download new courses and everything in this device is straightforward, like the set up and score keeping. Plus, it doesn’t include subscriptions and fees.
All in all, we personally believe that people won’t be disappointed with the Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch and it gets two thumbs up from us.
Today I will review the IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS and in this post you will find all the essential information which I believe can help you decide if this Golf GPS is really for you.
Don’t forget that this post is just a review about the IZZO Swami 4000 GPS and if you try to find discounts and deals for this Golf GPS then you may want to click here to discover the best prices available that I have found online…
A Quick Overview About The IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS
The IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS is especially engineered to give you fast and precise distance measurement to improve your performance. This golf GPS device is built using a waterproof yellow-black casing and offers an improved 1.8-inch colored display, which is simple to read even when exposed in bright sunlight.
The IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS is truly functional and convenient to use. It’s pre-loaded with over 25,000 global courses and supports 12 various languages. You can even edit front/center/back distances through its course map edit function.
This golf GPS device is able to give accurate readings that can be displayed in meters or yards, and one full charge allows golfers to use it for approximately 2 full rounds (or 6 to 8 hours).
The Swami 4000 also has an auto-hole advance feature, digital score card and shot distance measurement. It doesn’t have yearly subscription fee and it comes with a 90-day limited warranty.
Other Important Information
Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.7 x 3.7 inches ; 12 ounces
Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
The Pros & Cons Of The IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS
- It gives accurate distance measurements within one to three yards.
- Its waterproof construction is a nice touch since it’s designed to be used outdoors, wherein it’s exposed to different weather elements.
- It has large buttons and clear readouts (even when exposed to bright sunlight), which is a convenient feature for people with vision problems.
- One full charge allows the device to work for 8 to 12 hours (or 2 to 3 rounds of golf).
- It doesn’t require you to download anything and pay any annual fees.
- It has 25,000 plus pre-loaded courses.
- Its auto-hole advance feature automatically updates the device as you walk towards the next hole.
- It comes with a 90-day limited warranty.
- The built-in belt clip looks a bit flimsy.
- The charging time is a bit long compared to other models (around 24 hours).
- The buttons are too sensitive, so it could unintentionally activate the device when in your pocket or neoprene bag (included).
The Bottom Line
Overall, we have observed that most consumers are really impressed with the IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS and it works so well for them that they can’t play golf without carrying this gadget with them.
For the reasonable price, this updated version gives accurate readings which can be easily seen because of its large-format font size, and although it takes overnight to charge it holds a long time.
In addition, we personally really like that it is handy, easy to use, accurate, water-resistant, fairly priced and comes with no annual fees. With those benefits in mind, it is not that hard for us to highly recommend the IZZO Swami 4000 Golf GPS to anyone.